Day 7: Garden.
Mom's baby pomegranate tree :]
Day 8: Lunch.
Fiesta platter and horchata with Miss Maso at Casa Blanca.
It was delicious!
We're heading into midterms for summer school, lab this week, lecture next week. Can't believe its halfway over (6 weeks goes by fast!). Trying to work on my term paper and study the awesome plant life of SB.
For lab, this week's assignment was to collect leaves based on varying aspects of morphology, such as arrangement, attachment, venation, margin, composition and shape. There were about 24-25 I needed to collect this week. I traipsed around my entire yard (and for those who have seen it, its pretty big) and I'm proud to say I collected most of them.
I mention this only because, since I've been back from Costa Rica, I'd have thought the arthropod bites and the rashes were done. Not even close. Stupid jumping spiders seem to love me, and those bites itch like mad, to no relief. Also, either from the night hike with Sharell and Casey, or traipsing about my yard collecting leaves, I may or may not have contracted Toxicodendron diversilobum. Which is the one thing Sharell and I said we wouldn't get on our hike. So I came home from lunch, and washed up with dish soap in the sink, and Mom walks in, and realizes what I'm doing, so she offers me oatmeal.
Yep. Quaker Oats, make it yourself, oatmeal. She scoops some of the dry oats out and adds water and glops it on my arms. Ew. Now I had dried oats-juice on my arms. Delish.


Noo! Not poison oak!! But yay for dried oats juice! lol
ReplyDelete