Monday, November 5, 2012

Collectors Edition!

OK, alright, I know... I'm sorry.

The answer to what was in the jar from last post: the lens of the left eye of a Squalus acanthias (spiny dogfish) we were dissecting in lab. Don't judge me. It's sitting in vodka, seeing as that was the best preservative we had in the house, and unlike the rum my dad has in the cupboard, it's clear. Speaking of clear, normally (i.e. when the shark is still alive) the lens is clear, but probably since this one is a lab specimen, its now opaque. Kinda looks like a cat's eye.....

Now, what you've all been waiting for! A sneak peak into my crazy little world... hence the title of the post: Collectors Edition!

I have a large collection of...


playing cards!

That's right, folks! I have 34 decks that I can account for. I am sad to say that I used to have some awesome decks but wasn't collecting and got rid of them (a round deck, a deck shaped like a lion's head, a really super tiny deck, and some magic (as in magician) cards).

I make a point to buy a deck from every place I go to as a souvenir (if I'm there for at least a weekend). Some of them are just fun to look at, and others I do play with. At least 12 of these are still in their unopened condition (plastic wrap and all!).

My favorites to actually play with are the blue jumbo index bicycle deck, and Dora the Explorer. The worst two to play with are the Superman cards, and the pink bicycle cards (they are ALL BRIGHT PINK and really hard to tell whats what if colors are helpful to you when you play).

Looking forward to adding a few decks to my collection from Australia and maybe New Zealand!

What do you collect?

2 comments:

  1. Hboo loves picmonkey! :) haha

    I see you have a deck to remember your trip to Vegas... ;) haha jk

    I collect shed lizard skins! But you already knew that.

    Strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would say something if I didn't use picmonkey... haha
    I have 3 decks to commemorate the trips to Vegas! They are all next to each other. Jenn and I went for Bekki's bachelorette party last year, and this year just for fun.

    ReplyDelete