Thursday, January 24, 2013

Let the packing project begin!

This is stressful and frustrating. One second I'm thinking to myself, "There's not really that much stuff, I'm sure I can fit it all in my suitcase, no problem!" and after laying everything out on my bed, I'm thinking "Holy crap this is never going to fit."


Please note, I was NOT planning to take the cat (or the elephant).



Yes! It fits! Wait... what about the shoes and my pillow and....

Vacuum space bags to the rescue! I've now packed and repacked the space bags about 5 times, and still am not satisfied. Since I'll be staying in a hostel for at least a week, I will need to access the bags as little as possible (as I'm sure I wont have a vacuum to help me reduce space). So now my task is to organize one bag into outfits for a few days, and let the rest be sorted however they pack best. Sigh.

In other news, I am currently only enrolled in 2 courses. It is a slow manual enrollment process, and since I have been approved for all my courses, the ones that aren't full or don't have a clash time I will likely be enrolled in :) But to be safe, I added a few extra courses for approval. Because of the apparent lack of bio courses in the semester I will be studying, I am determined of 2 things:
1) one upper division qualifying course (generally 2nd or 3rd year courses)
2) one language course
My language options at current are (of open courses): intro Greek, intro German, and intermediate French. So I am brushing up on my French, just in case (they will make me take an assessment test and its been a few years!).

Only 11 more days. I guess I better stop procrastinating so much.

1 comment: