Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The little things...

Sorry mates, I've fallen into the funk that is senioritis and procrastinating. It's been ages since my last post but there hasn't been a whole lot of excitement since Tasmania.

Here are some pictures from the last few weeks. These are some of the little things that make me happy.


My kitteh.
Just look at this face!!

My boys!! <3
(Thanks mum!)

Being silly in the city

Lisa, putting her sombrero and 'stache to good use at the Cinco de Mayo: May the Fourth Be With You fiesta

I decided to go the Star Wars route
Stupid, cheap dollar-store light saber didn't even work :(

Well I certainly feel good about myself!
In the Red Center West Building (where I have Criminology tutorial)

What are those little brown bulby things in the trees??
Fruit bats! Aka, Flying foxes, aka Pteropus spp.

"IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE!!"

Australian Afternoon Tea. Yummmmm :)

Prepping for a Tim Tam Slam!

I finally bought syrup, so I could make french toast!

If you look very carefully you can see the moon just above the center peak on the house.
(Walking home from Uni)



Beet root on a burger? Mmmkay...
LIFT is basically lemonade soda (Lemonade here is the equivalent of Sprite)
Potato wedges with sweet chili sauce and sour cream -- soooo good!!

Wandering around the weekend markets in Newtown
Same book, different covers  (also, you'll notice its different from the US version as well!)

The boys are "cleaning nazis" so they invented a cleaning system. We don't clean our dishes within 10 minutes of eating, we get a mark. You'll notice, I don't have a mark.
Please note, even though this was taken a few weeks ago, and the marks have increased, I still don't have one :-P
There also seems to be "marking-system anarchy" where lots of marks have been scratched out in protest. This is where the bulk of our house arguments lie.


From Sharelly: the coolest snail-mail ever! Decoding letters since 2006 :)


What little things make you happy?

2 comments:

  1. Nice Star Wars outfit! Those fruit bats look huge! Your french toast looks amazing and good job for getting no marks! Go HBoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! So sorry about the light saber not working, but perhaps it's for the best. I agree with Sharell about the fruit bats. Congrats on taking the stairs to Criminology. Good health to you! The dishes chart is hilarious and I, too, am proud that you have no marks! I am not clever enough to encode my snail-mail, but I'm almost finished with "Chapter 2" for you.

    ReplyDelete