Thursday, June 27, 2013

Barefoot at the Symphony.

Wow. So many exciting things just happened in a very short span of time.

First, I am officially done with my undergrad work!!!!!!! Took my last exam yesterday. I'm so excited I almost don't know what to do with myself! A few weeks ago I declared candidacy for graduating/completing my degree Summer 2013. The last thing now is just to wait for my EAP (UNSW) marks/grades to go through and keep all my fingers crossed everything counts as it should and then BOOM! Graduate me baby! :) Only took me twice as long as most of my peers but that's ok! Now I get to look for a degree-related job... ^_^'

So, last night, a friend and I went to see Idina Menzel with the Sydney Symphony at the Opera House.  Oh. My. God. The show was amazing. She was amazing. The concert hall was amazing. Just.... wow. The acoustics... the symphony... her voice... her personality. Everything. As Davis (the musically and theatrically inclined friend I went with) said, "Idina is a goddess." She was also hilarious. And barefoot. I will never forget the image of her jumping and prancing around on stage because she could, because she wasn't wearing 4-5" heels. She could have been 15 years old (she's 42). I spent at least the first 20 minutes or so in at state of jaw-dropped stupid giddy smiling. She came to a point in her set where she sang a song from Rent, which was supposed to be a duet. She climbed down into the audience to find some people to sing with her! She started with an adorable little girl in the front row with a sparkly pink tutu. The girl was a little bit terrified but Idina was so sweet. Then she picked 4 other people to sing with her. There was quite a bit of talent in that room! So yeah, I had a great time and I've decided I would LOVE to see her when she goes back on Broadway (rumoured to be soon!). Now, excuse me, I need to go listen to Rent and Wicked.

Davis: "She's in that building somewhere!!!"

<3 <3 <3

Inside the Concert Hall, Sydney Opera House




Ha, you didn't really think I'd leave you just like that??? I still have news!!

Lastly, and for some of you, most importantly: I come home in one month!!!!!!! Two more weeks of galavanting around Sydney, then 2 weeks in New Zealand..... and then I come home with reverse culture shock and jet lag! :)

We are moving out of our flat this weekend, so we have to get cleaning and packing! And now my little vegemites, that is all the news I have for you today.

Question of the day:

What is your favourite play or musical that you have seen or would like to see?
(Bonus points if you make one up!! ;))

3 comments:

  1. That symphony sounds amazing!! I want to go see Wicked in New York!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LET'S GO! Please?? I want to go to the Gershwin.

      Delete
  2. Remember years ago when we went and saw Rent together when it came to town? Yeah. That was pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete