Friday, February 28, 2014

At least I found the grocery store

So, today has been an interesting day so far. It started out good, then less good, then better, then really bad, then pretty darn awesome. Let's recap:

Good: I got decent sleep, and found the urgent care in Roseburg for my drug test with no problems. 

Less good: problem with drug test. Needed to be sent for further evaluation. I took an anxiety pill (Rx) Wednesday night to help me sleep. Forgot about drug test and that it could skew my results. Whoops. Panicked that I wouldn't be cleared to work till Monday. 

Better: told by my supervisor that I was fine to work tomorrow, and then successfully found grocery store and supplies. Was thinking all was going so much better, when I tried to get back to the intern house without directions.......

Really bad: took a wrong turn literally 100 feet from the intern house. Tried to turn around and didn't see the ground wasn't flat..... So dumb. So so dumb. Ended up getting my car stuck in a ditch where I couldn't go forward or backward. Panicked again. Called a tow truck. They came quickly despite me not being able to tell them were I actually was. Oh and it was raining during this fiasco. 



Pretty darn awesome: got out of the ditch, made it home and then went out to wildlife safari to get my work shirts and take a tour of the facility. This was cool because the majority of the park is a drive-thru safari so animals are literally right next to your car. Mmm llama butt.

Obviously (or maybe not?), this is not a llama. 


I've determined that Charliego is, in fact, most definitely a cheetah. More details to come. 

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome that it is a drive-thru safari! I'm so glad your day got better! Cheers to happy times to come!

    ReplyDelete