Thursday, May 15, 2014

Welcome to Ellie Watch

Apologies, this weeks post is very short. 

I was supposed to write about Saigon this week. I can tell you right now, that's not going to happen. 

Today, after an overnight cub watch, I got home at 5am, slept for 4 hours and weed eated one of the yards at the intern house. "Why on earth would I do this?" you may ask. It's all for Ellie. 

Yep, Ellie, the Anatolian shepherd that hangs out with a cheetah. Ellie had surgery on her leg and is now living at the  intern house during her 8-week recovery. So Emily and I weed eated the fenced-in yards at the house this week so she could have an outdoor area. So that's what we will be up to this week, and the next 8 weeks: making sure she doesn't get too excited, run, lick her stitches, as well as making sure she eats and takes her meds, which is tricky business. 

Welcome to Ellie Watch. 




2 comments:

  1. Once she starts feeling better, Ellie will think she is on vacation at a spa!

    ReplyDelete