I'm a Gaucho! I did look into a graduate program at UC Davis, in Animal Behavior, and made sure that I could still do that with the courses at UCSB. I still really want to go to Davis, so this was an option. Long story...It was a tough choice, but the two were really close. It really came down to a coin toss... almost.
On another note,
Zoo today was awesome! Denise was off in the field looking for egg masses (froggies!!!) so I got to hang out with Mark in herps! When both Sophie and I are volunteering (a) everyone gets jealous, and b)) we called ourselvs, "Mark's Army". We're silly. We were set up on a few projects this morning: cleaning the radiated tortoise den/exhibit, cleaning the "oh-crap-I-forgot-which-tortoise-species"den/exhibit, and cleaning Mary-Lou's (american alligator) pool. I love the radiated's because they are affectionate, and also, contrary to our other tortoise friends (not desert, but something else), they are NOT covered in their own feces!!! Gross. Hokay, so we were hanging out with radiated's and we had to hose the bottom part of the den, so we removed it, and swept it off, etc, then took it outside of the exhibit to hose. I turned on the water and let Sophie hose, but as I was trying to get out of the line of fire, I tripped over a tree knot in the roots, and tumbled all over the place... I'm sure it was a hilarious site, but my back/neck/shoulders are really sore now. Plus, I slashed up my finger on something. It was exciting.
Here's some cuteness from the zoo:
The littlest radiated tortoise getting her morning scratches. I love when they dance... wiggle butt!!
The two larger radiated's getting their scratches. Dancing tortoises!
Nom nom nom....

yay Gauchos! Those wiggle butts are pretty darn cute!
ReplyDelete