Yesterday my criminology prof sent an email out saying she had several copies of the text book that she would give out for free to the best answers for a question she posed about crime and criminal behavior. So I pondered, and Richard helped me turn my brain on and think in this realm, and sent an email back. Apparently she has 12 books, and at least 24 of us responded. The class is about 500 students. So I'm thinking I have a shot at free books! Should find out by the end of today.
So today Sharell tells me about this 5K Fun Run she wants to do. I'm thinking.... running? For fun? But then I checked out the link she sent along and it actually sounds like fun! It's called Run or Dye and basically you do the 5K and they throw eco-friendly dye at you throughout. Its not even timed! This fits the bill of "Fun Run" in my book! She said she's trying to get a few of us together and we can call ourselves Team Fruit Salad! Haha (inside joke??). Anyway, I pre-registered to reserve a spot. The run comes through Santa Barbara around mid-August, so right when I get back. Ha. Training. Who needs it?
So... I want to know who reads my blog. Raise your hand... hmm. Ok well that didn't work. How about leaving a comment? I'm not asking questions in my blogs just for my own entertainment! I'm trying to engage in interactive blogging, so I can hear from you. Not just to update you on my goings-on in Australia.
So. The title of this blog post. Dream Big. Sharell posted on her blog a link about how happy people do things differently. One of them was Dream Big. So here goes.
I want to work with big cats, likely in Africa or Asia. I have a soft spot (no pun intended) for our feline friends and one of my favorite lines while volunteering at the Santa Barbara Zoo was with the cats. I want to do big cat conservation or wildlife rescue and rehabilitation. That's it. That's my big dream. To work and play with lions, cheetahs, leopards, etc. So furry and cute, but also big, powerful and dangerous. Whatever I end up doing with my degree, I will probably be working in conservation. Depressing? Yes. Important? Yes.
Here's the non-rhetorical question of the day:
If you could do anything, what would it be? What is your "big dream"?


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI wish you luck getting that free textbook, that would be cool! I am so excited for Run or Dye! It will be a lot of fun, even for the non-running minded-cough-the blonde-brigade-cough.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was at school in Davis I got to go on a trip with the vet school to a wildlife and a big cat sanctuary. It was awesome. Check out more info here:
http://www.pawsweb.org/index.html
I can totally see you working with big cats!
I would love to own my own business, revolving around animals, painting, or craftiness. I think being a Splash animal artist would be so cool. Live painting performances of endangered animals, working with kids, and spreading the word about conservation efforts.
**UPDATE: Didn't get a free textbook, but those who entered and didn't win get chocolate :)
ReplyDeleteBoo, no textbook, but bravo for trying my dear! Hopefully some of my coaching will pay-off later.
ReplyDeleteDream big? I suppose I'd like to one-day know six or more languages. To have several bestselling novels, because the first one could be lucky, while the next few are less so. To own and/or live in a castle! To have the freedom to travel anywhere, for any length of time!
I think that's a good start.
I dream of living in many different places long enough to be assimilated into the communities and contribute to them. Really get to know how and why the people like living there. I guess my biggest dream is to have the time to do that sort of thing.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I really want world peace.