Sunday, March 10, 2013

The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Well.... its been a few days. Hello all! What have I been up to? Well.... I can't remember.


Photo-a-Day Challenge

Day 7: Fear

I skipped this one because:
When you want to find a large, creepy spider (why???) they are elusive.
I fear spiders. They are super cool but totally freak me out.
I also fear falling, which is why heights make me nervous.

Day 8: Favourite

Day 9: Faceless Self-portrait

Day 10: I want...
If you noticed that's me standing in the corner, then you'll know I didn't take this picture. In fact, the whole time Bibi and I were at the sailing/windsurfing bbq, I neglected to take ANY pics at all :( but it portrays generally what I would have used for this day's photo challenge had I remembered to take any myself.
So, I want...  to be windsurfing/sailing! (And I did!)

Day 11: Important
It is important to know where the library is on campus. Fortunately its easy to spot: tall building with UNSW on the sides...can't miss it!

Oh, yeah. So I've been at Uni. The Sailing and Windsurfing Club (of which my housemate Bibi and I are members) had a welcome BBQ yesterday at the Woollahra Sailing Club in Rose Bay. I got to sail and tried windsurfing. I missed the intro because I was on the boat, so when I got on the board, no one was giving me any instruction at all. I think I did quite well despite the fact. I would have done even better if there weren't so many moored boats to crash (or not crash) into. I'm excited to go again!! The club is putting together a weekend away trip to Hawk's Nest, and I've signed up to go. I'm not actually sure where Hawk's Nest is, possibly north of Newcastle.

For our mid-semester break at the end of the month, I am trying to coordinate a mini camping trip with Lisa to explore more National Parks and to find some wildlife! If we can't pull that together I will see where else I can venture out for a short time. Hopefully I can see some of the "good" wildlife, and less of the "creepy/deadly" wildlife. My vertebrate zoology professor says marsupials and native Aussie fauna are the nicest animals... and says his friend who works with Tassie Devils catches them in the bush, picks them up, tags them and releases them, all by hand, no tranq's. He tells this story and then says, "Can you do that with a feral cat in the bush?" Um, no. I think I'm going to like that class.

Blogosphere question of the day:

What do you fear?

2 comments:

  1. So cool you are in the sailing & windsurfing club! And that weekend away trip sounds fun! National Parks to find cool wildlife for your break sounds perfect. Catch a tassie! haha I fear...flying and poison oak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fear losing my balance and falling from on high, so my legs go all wonky if I'm standing up high. Maybe not so much falling, but the splat at the bottom. Oddly, I don't fear dying, but I rather hope it doesn't happen for a while.

    ReplyDelete