In July all of our stuff got packed up into this storage unit, that was due to be moved in August from California to Washington. It's mid-August, and we still don't have our stuff. Richard tried calling the company almost everyday this week and we finally got a call back this morning, with an update. Our stuff is in LA, and is supposed to arrive sometime between Wednesday and Friday of next week. SO, Richard is living in a temporary apartment... which is unfinished (stupid cabinets), and is basically empty. I can sum up our current furniture in two words: bar stool. Yeah. Just one.
At least there is a fridge!
Which is also empty. Because all our cookware is in storage. In LA. With the rest of our stuff.
On the bright side, having no furniture allowed me to have a really nice meditation session in one of the empty rooms!
On a slightly less exciting note, my internship is coming to an end in just a few weeks (I know I keep mentioning this). I am nervous because I don't yet have anything lined up for afterwards, and am just sort of "winging it". I also fear the end of this internship will end this particular blog segment, as I am not sure what else to be writing about (and no one suggests anything!!!). But we shall see.
That is all I have for now, but I will leave you with this inspirational quote, because sometimes I need to remind myself of this:
image taken from the internet

So many changes going on in your life! Even after your internship ends, you will have the move to blog about, and setting up the new apartment. Then you can write about our observations around your new town and your next steps in your journey. Keep the posts coming, we really love them. And maybe a photo of an animal (Charlie will be with you!)
ReplyDeleteYay, you finally know where your stuff is! Barstool. haha! Our first piece of furniture in our apartment was: window seat bench thing. wool for camping out on the floor! Maybe you could write a little about how you are job hunting? What websites are useful, where you are applying, stuff like that? Documenting the move and a new place will be fun to hear about!
ReplyDeleteDon't forget that you have already taken many, many steps, and will take many, many more as you go down your path. Sometimes the next step isn't just one foot in front of the other-a sidestep can take you down some interesting roads too. Any of those steps makes interesting blog material. I'm looking forward to reading what happens next.
ReplyDelete