Sunday, March 13, 2011

Gata Loca!!

Except that my cat is male... this chunk of the song really sums him up.... (I've translated it to the best of my ability)

Mamborama - La Gata Loca


A las cinco de la mañana (at 5 in the morning)
la gata loca deja la cama (the cat jumps on the bed)
y cuando duerme el mundo (and when all the world is sleeping)
ella practica su kung-fu (she practices her kung-fu)

Ella lucha con los fantasmas (she fights with ghosts)
que solamente ella puede ver, (that only she can see)
ella baila con una rumba (she dances a rumba)
que solamente ella puede oir (that only she can hear)

Claro que esta gata es loca (clearly this cat is crazy)
pero tiene mucho cariño, (but is very sweet)
voy a llamar la bruja, (I am going to call a witch)
quítate los demonios (to get rid of the demons)

Yo quisiera dormir más tarde (I would like to sleep in)
la gata no me dará la paz (the cat does not give me peace)
a mi gata le da a Changó su lucha loca (--I don't know what "Changó" is, but I think the cat is fighting it)
¡no me molestes más! (Don't bother me anymore!!)

ah ah ah ah ah

Coro: Gata loca, baila rumba (crazy cat, dances rumba)


This morning, Charliego was wrapped around the dining room table, chasing his tail and attacking his feet.... Sometimes I wonder about him, but now I know he's just practicing kung-fu.

1 comment: