Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sloth Fever!!

So I discovered this absolutely AMAZING volunteer program recently. I'd heard about it before, but actually googled it, and I want to sign up and go sooooo badly. It is in Costa Rica, at the Aviarios del Caribe Sloth Sanctuary!! It's 2-4 weeks of sloths!!!!! $30/day including room & board and 3 meals a day. Volunteer work is 6 days a week but they vary the activities from manual labor to research to rescue to education/tourism, etc.
I would sign up in a heartbeat except that I need to get a job this summer and while this would be AMAZING experience, no one would hire me for 2 months. Plus, I basically can't go in June, because EVERYTHING is piling up in June!! Weddings, apartment searching, my cousin is coming to visit sometime in June before he gets deported to Afghanistan in July... my goodness. I definitely cannot miss that!! Besides this summer, I basically wouldn't be able to go till after I graduate from UC, so, I plan to do just that.

Check out the link. Fall in love with the sloths. I did. But really, it all started with Bernard :)

http://www.slothrescue.org/Volunteers/

1 comment:

  1. That would be SOOOOOOOOO fun!!! AHHH! We should all do it in a couple years! How neat! We could go hiking and zip lining in the jungle on our day off :)

    ReplyDelete