Yesterday was drive day part 1. Drove 545ish miles from Santa Barbara to Redding, CA. I thought, since google maps said it would be around 8-8.5 hours, I'd have no problem driving during daylight hours (I hate driving at night, it makes me anxious). I've driven to Phoenix many times before, which is about 8 hours, had no problems, so why not?
I. Was. So. Bored!!! For whatever reason, driving north is super boring to me. I have no idea why. I also go into a fight with my car CD player and was musicless for a while. That certainly did not help. I played an alphabet game, where you find a word or a sign or car starting with that letter in order (alpha, bob, car, drain, exit, freight... You get the idea). I thought I'd get stuck on Q. Nope. Quality Inn. X? A truck goes by, "xtra" spelled just like that. No "e". Lucky me! Ok, surely I will get stuck on Z for days... Nope. Not 5 seconds after finding Y I pass a sign talking about zones. Ha. Win. I got stuck in things like G and O. Anyway. That helped a bit.
It rained half the time I was driving. I do believe in magic. In Harry Potter (Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 9), when Hermione puts the Impervius charm on Harry's glasses to repel water during the quidditch match? That's what was happening to my windshield thanks to Rain-ex! Impervius!!
Anyway, after all that excitement, after many, many random rest stops (including one at Yolo County - hashtagyolo ??), and 10.5 long hours later, I finally made it to my hotel in Redding. I spent the rest of the night curled up in my king sized bed (or should I say, spread out?) watching The Big Bang Theory on TBS until I fell asleep.
Now, today, I have had my free hot breakfast - courtesy of the hotel (Yes, there were waffles, but no, I didn't have one). I am ready to begin the drive into Oregon! About 4-5 hours and I should be in Winston!
Cheers mates!
haha I like your alphabet game idea!
ReplyDelete#YOLO
Big Bang Theory is my favorite hotel show to watch :)