I'm going to try to do the March Photo-a-Day Challenge from Fat Mum Slim! Click the link for details on how to play :) Let's see if I can actually take all 31 pics this time (June and July were difficult for me)!
Yesterday Lisa (a friend I met at the hostel) and I had a proper adventure, and headed out to the Blue Mountains! It's about 2 hours west of Sydney. It was FANTASTIC to get away from the city and into nature.
The fun part was that the train was an hour late, and then about half way there the train line terminated due to a landslide, and we were shipped out in buses the rest of the way to Katoomba. 'Course by the time we got there, the trains were back up and running all the way back to Sydney, which at least meant the ride back would be smooth.
I just love the name "Katoomba"!
A proper "fish n chips" lunch at the Hatter's Cafe.
Awesome long handled spork from a thrift store.
Found my bestie! I knew the Blue Mountains were where it's at!
The Three Sisters
Echo Point
Trees for days!!
We attempted to get to Leura Cascades, but accidentally took the wrong path. They were not clearly labeled further up the trail! The Cliff Walk was actually quite nice, and not along a cliff like we thought.
Cool mushroom formation.
It was a bit along a cliff, but nothing like hiking in Costa Rica where you are literally scaling the cliffs and praying for your life.
Lisa and the ambiguous sign! One arrow, three paths...
Definitely going to go back, and make a camping trip out of it, go on some hikes (bushwalking, as they say here) and see some wild life!

Woohoo for nature! :)
ReplyDelete