The path she followed was paved in gold, and the bricks lain along the way were cracked and crumbling beneath her feet...
Today (yesterday) has been a long and stressful one. Not only was it emotionally draining, but then, it was like somebody poked a hole in my juice box.
Flight out of SBA was over an hour late, because of weather in SFO. At long last, all four (4!!) of us boarded the world's tiniest plane. All of us were making connections in San Fran, but mine was the only international flight. Arrived in SF just after 10pm, giving me literally enough time to exit the plane, find the terminal transfer shuttle, follow the bouncing ball up the stairs, down the hall to the right and around the corner to a flight of stairs up and down, and up and left and right and straight for days and to the other side of the moon. Once I finally found the gate (which was marked as "GATE ****" on my boarding pass, btw), I went down the escalator, turned the corner and was sent back up and back down the path of the bouncing ball because the gates were closed and I couldn't board the plane. It was due to take off in 1 minute. ONE MINUTE! Another poor soul missed this flight, so we wound our way back to the other side of the moon to talk to the customer service center to book the next flight out.
Apparently, there's only one (1) flight out of SF to Sydney daily, and its at 10:35pm. So, here I am at some BW hotel in SF eating a charming vending machine dinner after midnight. A hotel, which I have to pay for, because United doesn't comp them if the flight was missed due to weather in another city. Thanks a heap you guys.
Tomorrow will be a better day. Good night, little fishies.

Hboo I'm so sorry! Stupid weather!! Don't let it get you down though-you will have a great flight today, you just get to be in hella nor cal a little longer ;)
ReplyDelete