Wednesday, February 6, 2013

When in Rome...

I don't want to seem like everything I've written about my trip so far is super negative... its just been a long stressful journey.

After the fiasco of missing my first flight to Sydney, I spent the next day in San Francisco. I got lost. A lot. I found my way to the Aquarium and spent most of my time there. Saw a cool 3D film about sharks!

So, then I get back to the airport, and I think, "there is no way I can screw this up now!" HA.

Flight was on time and everything, even got into Sydney early. The flight was SO long. Made even longer by the major things you want to avoid on flights. Like being stuck next to the person who wants to talk your ear off, or the kid who wont stop coughing (and doesn't cover his mouth) and kicks the seat in front of him, or behind the guy who puts his seat all the way back and passes out so you can't get out of your own seat. Yes, I had the glorious pleasure of all those things, not to mention being near the guy who just wanted a beer. BADLY. And to top it all off... 3 screaming babies.

Well, at long last the flight was over, and I'm amazed I didn't give myself a panic attack or make myself ill with nerves and anxiety. Got through customs and to baggage claim.... where my checked bag is not. Apparently, because I missed my original flight, and despite the fact that United said I didn't have to touch my checked bags when I got bumped to the next flight, my luggage decided to stay in San Fran.

But I made it to the hostel and got myself lost. And found again. I also got myself a phone and a few necessary toiletries to allow me to brush my teeth and such until I reunite with my luggage.

It's only about noon, and it feels like 4pm. It's really nice out, and the hostel provides not only free wifi, but breakfast AND sunscreen. Not sunscreen for brekkie, mind you.

Ok, now I have to deal with the rumbling in my stomach. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like quite the plane ride! Yay for wifi at the hostel!

    ReplyDelete